- To peel back the onion
- To connect the dots
- When necessary, to sound the alarm
Informed America Radio exists to provide the background and context we all need to understand public policy issues. It’s one thing to flip a dial, and hear someone screaming “Obama sucks!” “Obama is destroying the country!” “The Left is as great an enemy to America as any external evil force!” Those things are all true, but how did we get here? Why is it possible for our country to practically be turned upside down in just a few short years? What specifically is the Left saying that is demonstrably false?
In short, you are serious people, not low-information conservatives (yes, there is such a thing).
There are plenty of people today who are long on opinions, and who don’t hesitate to bombastically share them with anyone within earshot. Our listeners are also passionate about their beliefs and opinions, they also want to be long on knowledge, facts, basic information, historical context, and the background that they may have forgotten or not even seen given the challenge it is to keep up with every day life. So, every week, we’ll present this Backgrounder. Think of it as an Executive Summary of the previous week’s show, and other information that we think you can use, presented in the form of a news quiz. Enjoy!
Here are some of the questions that we answered during the 10-5–14 edition of The Teri O’Brien Show (Answers below)
- What is “The New Horizon Conference?”
- What did State Department spokes moron say about The New Horizon Conference?
- What labor leader, who was the subject of a 2014 bio movie, did Barack Obama lionize during a speech to Latino amnesty activists on October 2?
- How much is the Obama regime spending to provide attorneys for illegal alien Central American “children” who invade the U.S. over the last few month?
- What does F. Chuck Todd’s new “Meet the Press” set look like?
- Who called illegal aliens “wetbacks” and organized his own private border patrol to stop them from coming into the country?
- Who is Jay Angoff?
- What does Sen. Dick “Eddie Haskell” Durbin’s wife do for a living?
- What did presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama do in 2008 that explains a lot about his current foreign policy?
- What regulations did the Obama Regime quietly scrap in 2010 and why are they relevant today?
- From Jennifer Rubin’s column, “Obama clueless on Iran Once Again,”: “The New Horizon Conference is part of the Tehran’s 13th International Resistance Film Festival. This conference provides yet another example of how the Iranian government facilitates the spread of global anti-Semitism,” said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director.He added : “Participation by an international assortment of Holocaust deniers and anti-Semites is de rigueur for these types of events. A disturbing new element in this anti-Jewish gathering is the appearance on the guest list of a few high visibility U.S. antiwar and anti-Israel activists who claim their positions are not motivated by anti-Semitism. It will be harder for them to make that claim now, given their open collusion with this event and its Iranian government sponsors.”
- “I have not seen reports of this conference. Where is the conference?”
- Cesar Chavez
- $9 million
- It is cavernous, and looks like one of those retro McDonald’s restaurants. And the show still sucks.
- Cesar Chavez
- From the Daily Caller: “Mehri & Skalet attorney Jay Angoff, who had advised former HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius on implementing Obamacare, is suing HHS on behalf of the Consumers Council of Missouri, a state-based consumer group. The complaint accuses HHS of failing to make rate filings, specifically Missouri’s, public for 2015 health plans or for the past several years.”
- She is a lobbyist, and her clients have benefitted from her husband’s position as a U.S. Senator, even though he has bent over backwards to try to make sure that NEVER happens.
- According to Dr. Michael Ledeen, told Levin that Obama sent former Ambassador William G. Miller to Tehran in 2008 to assure the mullahs he was a friend of the regime.
- From the Daily Caller: “[F]our years ago, the administration of President Barack Obama moved with virtually no fanfare to abandon a comprehensive set of regulations which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) had called essential to preventing international travelers from spreading deadly diseases inside the United States. The CDC had proposed the regulations in 2005 under the administration of George W. Bush, reported USA Today in 2010. The original impetus for the regulations was fear that avian flu would spread unchecked.”
Thanks so much for subscribing! Please join us live in vivid red, white and blue this Sunday, 10/5/14, 5-7 pm Eastern. You can listen live right at http://www.teriobrien.com, or on spreaker.com. You also listen on demand, also at teriobrien.com, and spreaker.com, by downloading the show from iTunes, or listening through the Stitcher, either on the app on your smartphone or tablet, or right on your computer.
Politics, Pop Culture, the Hottest Issues of the Day, and Your calls. The Teri O’Brien Show, featuring America’s Original Conservative Warrior Princess. Daring to Commit Common Sense, Fearlessly, and More Important, Cheerfully, in the Age of Obama.
Make My Day: Text “FAN TOBCWP” to 32665
Can’t listen live? Download it from iTunes and listen on demand.
As one listener wrote “one of the most insightful and entertaining pundits in America. Also, her voice is magical.”
Serious Ideas, Irresistible Entertainment. Warning: listeners may become hopelessly addicted.