Ronald Reagan is NOT to blame for Obamacare
The Teri O’Brien Show, Sunday,1-4-15
Links to stories we discussed on the show are below.
In this episode, you’ll learn the answers to the following questions:
- Why do some liberals, and even some conservatives, assert that Ronald Reagan laid the groundwork for Obamacare?
- Are they right?
- What did Gov. John Kasich use as an excuse for his decision to go around his GOP-controlled legislature and expand Medicaid?
- What is EMTALA?
- Who was primarily responsible for EMTALA?
- Why do Mexican ambulance drivers cross the border to dump patients at U.S. hospitals before they skedaddle back?
- Why did a 50-something Dallas man die after arriving at the ER with chest pains and other heart attack symptoms?
- Do illegals receive free medical care in the United States?
- What was Instagram’s “Most liked” photo of 2014, and why is it such a depressing choice?
- What unique new map has a web designer created for the City of San Francisco?
- How did a Houston fireworks store owner, demonstrate, once again, the importance of the 2nd amendment?
- What possible reasons could there be for the vague explanations of Harry Reid’s “exercise accident?”
- What “fun fact”did Producer Thomas find about a certain TV “analyst,” she of the Elisabeth Hasselbeck bleach blonde bubble head school of GOP women?
Dilemma over deductibles: Costs crippling middle class (Barack Obama’s payback plan for those who live in the despised suburbs and otherwise live the traditional “Ward Cleaver” lifestyle is taking effect. Attention: bums, serial sperm donors and their baby mamas, the doctor will see you now, courtesy of those who are supposed to keep their heads down, work and not have their medical needs treated because they can’t afford to both pay for the freeloaders and also get the care they need. Barack is here to redress racist America’s “unfairness,” remember?)
7 Things Republicans Would Be Shocked To Learn About Ronald Reagan | ThinkProgress (one example of Left’s revisionist history about Ronald Reagan being responsible for Obamacare by laying the groundwork for it.)
Reagan’s Gift: Free Medical Care for Illegal Aliens (The following are true: (1) Reagan was president when the 2200-page COBRA law was passed by a democrat-controlled Congress, 4 pages of which were the EMTALA, and (2) this law, which forbade hospitals from denying ER care to anyone who shows up with an “emergency,” regardless of ability to pay or legal status, it was slipped in at the last minute by leftist goofball, Rep. Fourtney “Pete” Stark (D-CA).)
Medlaw.com | EMTALA Creator Leaves Congress (and that “creator” would be none other than the aforementioned Pete Stark.)
ObamaCare’s Heritage – WSJ (Very detailed and interesting dissection of the history of the individual mandate)
The Tortuous History of Conservatives and the Individual Mandate (Another explanation of the history of the individual mandate that makes clear that many conservatives opposed this idea, which now even the Heritage Foundation has disowned.)
Health Care for Some: Rights and Rationing in the United States Since 1930 – Beatrix Hoffman – Google Books (excerpt of book containing some horror stories that led to the passage of the EMTALA)
Medicaid Helps Hospitals Pay For Illegal Immigrants’ Care | Kaiser Health News (When someone tells you illegals aren’t eligible for Obamacare, remind them that illegals have been getting free medical care since 1986)
The Social Contract The ER Crisis and Immigration (interesting journal article that not only connects the dots between amnesty and the EMTALA, but reminds us that anyone one of us could die because we can’t see a doctor in the ER at the closest hospital. Contains lots of statistics on the numbers of illegals infesting our emergency rooms.)
EUREKA!: Someone Created A Poop Map Of San Francisco To Track The Homeless | The Daily Caller (Naturally, because everything liberals touch turns to excrement, and they’ve been busily destroying this city for decades)
Most Liked Photo on Instagram 2014 | DML Daily (What it says about the state of our country is depressing indeed)