One of Orange County Escapees Ordered Deported in 1997

Not Deported? Wait…I thought Jeh Johnson and Barack Obama told us they were “prioritizing” illegal alien criminals.

Deported

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From AP:

 One of three fugitive inmates who escaped from a California jail last week was ordered deported to Vietnam in 1998 but has been in this country racking up a lengthy rap sheet, immigration officials said Tuesday.

Bac Duong, 43, came to the United States legally in 1991 but was ordered removed seven years later, Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a statement.

The order came shortly after he served time in state prison on a 1997 burglary conviction, state records show.

The case is one of thousands involving immigrants convicted of crimes who federal authorities want to deport but haven’t been able to because their native countries wouldn’t take them back.

In 2012, ex-convict Binh Thai Luc was charged with killing five people in San Francisco after Vietnam didn’t issue the travel documents needed to repatriate him.

Immigration officials said they took Duong into custody in 2003 and released him the following year. He continued to check in with authorities as required until 2014, the statement said.

During that time, he also faced a series of charges involving burglary and drug possession and did stints in state prison. Last year, he was charged with attempted murder and assault in the shooting of a man outside a home in Santa Ana.

Federal officials can’t keep immigrants locked up indefinitely while they await deportation. Most must be released after six months, except those accused of posing a terrorist threat or deemed especially dangerous. (emphasis mine)

Oh, that explains it. This guy isn’t “especially dangerous,” you know like Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, the 5-times deported guy who killed Kate Steinle on San Francisco on July 1, 2015, this guy, also mentioned in the story:

In 2012, ex-convict Binh Thai Luc was charged with killing five people in San Francisco after Vietnam didn’t issue the travel documents needed to repatriate him.

As for these three dirtbags, if they aren’t “especially dangerous,” why did the Orange County prosecutor say “They let Hannibal Lecter out,” I assume referring to the Iranian, Nayeri.

Thirty-seven-year-old Nayeri is accused of kidnapping and torture. In 2012, Nayeri along with an accomplice allegedly tortured a man with fire.

“They also poured bleach all over him and in the end, he cut his penis off,” Lt. Dave Sawyer said.

I pray that these three heinous individuals are in custody before they hurt any innocent people.

The Teri O'Brien Show

book