Clinton Emails: Surprise. Hillary is lying about them.
On yesterday’s edition of The Teri O’Brien Show, we told you about the last Friday Hillary email document dump, which contained 22 emails, so top secret that even the FBI agents investigating the former Sec. of State don’t have clearance to read them. As it turns out, according to a State Department official who spoke to the terrific Catherine Herridge. This news is just breaking this Monday morning.
From Fox News:
Highly classified Hillary Clinton emails that the intelligence community and State Department recently deemed too damaging to national security to release contain “operational intelligence” – and their presence on the unsecure, personal email system jeopardized “sources, methods and lives,” a U.S. government official who has reviewed the documents told Fox News. (emphasis mine)
The official, who was not authorized to speak on the record and was limited in discussing the contents because of their highly classified nature, was referring to the 22 “TOP SECRET” emails that the State Department announced Friday it could not release in any form, even with entire sections redacted.
The announcement fueled criticism of Clinton’s handling of highly sensitive information while secretary of state, even as the Clinton campaign continued to downplay the matter as the product of an interagency dispute over classification. But the U.S. government official’s description provides confirmation that the emails contained closely held government secrets. “Operational intelligence” can be real-time information about intelligence collection, sources and the movement of assets.
The official emphasized that the “TOP SECRET” documents were sent over an extended period of time — from shortly after the server’s 2009 installation until early 2013 when Clinton stepped down as secretary of state.
Separately, Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., who sits on the House intelligence committee, said the former secretary of state, senator, and Yale-trained lawyer had to know what she was dealing with.
“There is no way that someone, a senior government official who has been handling classified information for a good chunk of their adult life, could not have known that this information ought to be classified, whether it was marked or not,” he said. “Anyone with the capacity to read and an understanding of American national security, an 8th grade reading level or above, would understand that the release of this information or the potential breach of a non-secure system presented risk to American national security.” (emphasis mine)
Pompeo also suggested the military and intelligence communities have had to change operations, because the Clinton server could have been compromised by a third party.
“Anytime our national security team determines that there’s a potential breach, that is information that might potentially have fallen into the hands of the Iranians, or the Russians, or the Chinese, or just hackers, that they begin to operate in a manner that assumes that information has in fact gotten out,” Pompeo said.
As noted on yesterday’s show, Hillary continues to lie about this issue, claiming that she takes classified information “very seriously,” and that she did nothing different from her predecessors. Wrong. No previous secretary of state set up a private, secret email server. Items to consider:
- We wouldn’t even know about the existence of this server if Rep. Trey Gowdy’s committee hadn’t started investigating her Benghazi fail
- There is only one reason for an official to proceed as Hillary Clinton did by setting up this secret email server; that is, to avoid having to comply with Freedom of Information Act requests and to otherwise conceal her conduct from the scrutiny of the press and the people.
- It’s very difficult to believe that no one within the Obama Regime, including the One himself, didn’t know about this private, secret server designed to shield her conduct from the transparency that Obama claimed he would demand as president. Didn’t he notice when he got emails from Sec.Clinton that they came from a “clintonemail.com” address rather than a .gov address?
- We are asked to believe that Hillary is the most intelligent, most qualified person ever to run for President, and yet we are also asked to believe that she was incapable of recognizing the importance of keeping extremely sensitive national security information unless someone else “marked” it classified? Maybe that person should be the President.
- Yesterday Hillary urged that all these emails, including these 22 be released immediately, suggesting that they contained nothing significant. She even mentioned that there was a newspaper article that had been published that is part of one of them. How reckless is she wanting to have these emails released now?
The issue is NOT, as Hillary keeps repeating, whether anything was “marked classified,” or “over classified,” or any of the lame explanations she’s peddling to her low-information acolytes. The issue is that she had this secret email server in the first place. That was the problem.
Bring on the indictment, please, Department of Justice, or lose any shred of credibility that you have left.