Here We Go Again: Another “DREAMER” Alleged Killer

DREAMERTopModelKillerAnother DREAMER involved in criminal activity in the U.S.?

Wait . . . you mean they all aren’t valedictorians and future engineers, physicians and teachers? From The Washington Times:

The illegal immigrant charged with killing an “America’s Next Top Model” contestant was only in the U.S. because the administration had granted him amnesty under President Obama’s 2012 policy for so-called Dreamers, two senators revealed Friday afternoon.

Emmanuel Jesus Rangel-Hernandez was first arrested on drug charges and was set to go before an immigration judge, but he had his deportation case closed after he was granted amnesty, or “deferred action,” in late 2013, according to documents Sens. Charles E. Grassley and Tom Tillis released.

The young man has now been charged with three counts of murder stemming from the February slaying of three persons, including Mirjana Puhar, who had appeared on the “Top Model” show last year. He has also been charged with murder in a separate case, too, The Associated Press reported.

Sadly, this latest contribution to our society from one of Obama’s “Americans in waiting” isn’t the first killing we can chalk up to one of them. Far from it. Remember this one, 19 year-old  Cinthya Garcia-Cisneros, who ran over stepsisters 6-year-old Anna Dieter-Eckerdt and 11-year-old Abigail Robinson and sped off in her boyfriend’s car? Or another hit-and-run killer, Uriel Flores, who caused the crash that killed  19-year-old Shanquise Bush and her 3-year-old son, Jayden? More about these cases here.

I have not mentioned the murder, just over 6 weeks ago, of 21 year-old Grant Ronnebeck, a convenience store clerk in Mesa Arizona,, which we discussed on the February 1, 2015, edition of The Teri O’Brien Show by Apolinar Altimarano, because he was not technically a DREAMER, since he had been convicted of a serious crime. From The AZ Republic (AZ Central):

Altamirano had pleaded guilty in 2012 to a reduced charge of facilitation to commit burglary and placed on two years of supervised probation, even though he had claimed ties to the Mexican Mafia after entering a woman’s apartment in Mesa after Mesa police had arrested her boyfriend on drug charges, court records show.

“U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) assumed custody of Mr. Altamirano on January 3, 2013, following his conviction by the Superior Court of Arizona, Maricopa County, for Facilitation of Burglary in the Second Degree,” the ICE statement said.

“After reviewing his immigration and criminal history, which showed only this conviction, ICE determined that under applicable law, Mr. Altamirano was eligible for bond. Mr. Altamirano posted a $10,000 bond on January 7, 2013. Mr. Altamirano’s removal case was still pending with the immigration courts at the time of his most recent arrest.”

Liz Chatham, former chairwoman of the Arizona Chapter of American Immigration Attorneys, said she does not specialize in deportation law, “but generally speaking, yes, there is an incredible backlog in the immigration courts.”

She said it is not unusual for an immigrant accused of being in the U.S. illegally to wait two or three years for a hearing. She noted that the bond in Altamirano’s immigration case is very high, likely because of his prior conviction.

What do you think of this latest graceful incident? Will you contact your representatives about it? Will any of the crusading truth seekers in what we laughingly call our media ask Obama’s spokes imbecile, the inaptly-named Mr. Earnest about it on Monday?

The Teri O'Brien Show

book