Refugee Flood from Jihadist Hotbeds to Continue, Thanks to U.S. Senate
Yesterday the SAFE Act failed to over come a filibuster in the U.S. Senate, thanks to Democrats, NATCH. It fell 5 votes short, with two democrats, Joe Manchin of West VA and North Dakota’s Heidi Heitkamp voting to require our government to verify that “refugees” from Syria from Iraq and Syria pose no security risk before they are admitted to the United States. Every Republican voted for the bill. Sen. Bernie Sanders was a no show. Roll call vote here.
Here are some important facts to remember when evaluating this vote:
- Our own government has stated repeatedly that we can’t vet these “refugees” from jihadist hotbeds. (Can you say Tashfeen Malik?)
- Despite what liberals say to me on social media, it is the United Nations who picks the people who will be imported into the United States. From the Washington Examiner:
- A new report on the Syrian refugee resettlement program reveals that the United Nations — not U.S. officials — initially pick and choose who can move to the United States and even become an American citizen.What’s more, the vetting system used by the U.S.-funded United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is wide open to rampant fraud, raising the specter that potential terrorists could buy their way into the United States, according to the analysis from the Center for Immigration Studies. …
The report focused on a little-known path to how refugees get into America: The United Nations makes the first pick, not the State Department.
“Out of the four million-plus registered Syrian refugees in the region, UNHCR has so far submitted 22,427 cases to the United States for resettlement consideration. Of those, about 2,000 were accepted last year. The United States is welcoming Syrian refugees only from the 22,427 who made it through UNHCR referrals,” said the report from senior analyst Nayla Rush.
The report raised two huge issues. First, it found that the U.N. system is simply overloaded. Just consider this: Since there are over 4 million refugees and and 2,038 UNHCR staffers, each interviewer is responsible for vetting 2,100-2,800 refugees each.
And insiders have fretted about various types of fraud, where people can lie or pay their way through the U.N. system
- The issue of potential terrorism from “refugees” is not some speculative future possibility. Some “refugees” here in the U.S. have been involved in terrorism, as the terrific Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) points out here with a list of 12 who have. We have written about the cases just this month of two Iraqi refugees arrested on terrorism charges.
- This whole “refugee” resettlement scheme is a racket, where so-called do-gooder “religious” organizations with benign sounding names like U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services and Church World Services (full list here) receive millions in tax dollars per head to bring people into the country. They are often settled in places with generous welfare benefits, hence the many Somalis in Minnesota.
It is IMPERATIVE that we demand candidates in the upcoming presidential election address this issue. As you know, I disagree with Donald Trump’s idea to ban Muslim refugees. As a practical matter, that test would be very difficult to accurately apply. What’s to stop Jihad Joe or Jane from lying about that? No, Sen. Rand Paul had the correct idea. We need a pause on refugees from countries that are rife with Islamist fanaticism. More about that here. (Aside: please note that only 10 Republicans voted in favor of protecting our national security and against pouring billions down another rathole.)
The elites in both parties want to continue bringing in low-skilled, poorly educated desperate people for their own reasons. The crony capitalists in the Establishment GOP love the cheap labor and the democrats correctly see these folks, who will be dependent on government assistance, as new voters. None of this scheme has ANYTHING to do with compassion or helping people fleeing war and misery. For the amount of money we are pouring into this racket, we could help many more people in their own region. From World Net Daily:
It costs U.S. taxpayers nearly $65,000 to resettle one Middle Eastern refugee over the first five years, which is 12 times what it would cost to care for that same refugee in a neighboring country in the region, according to a new study.
What will you do to make your fellow citizens aware of this issue, one that is an existential one for this country, as in if we don’t grab the reins on this one the country will be OVER? Sharing this post would be a good start. Thanks!